The types of personal data we collect from you include:
- your user name;
- email address;
- mailing address;
- telephone number
- date of birth;
- answers you provide to quizzes, tests, and exams
- payment information and transaction details;
- aggregated site statistics data;
- any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
Your personal data is collected when you:
- visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser [or (if applicable) register a user account with our website];
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- make purchases of Services through our website.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses;
- Manage your account preferences;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Administer surveys and promotions by SWI;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse. This may involve transferring your personal data out of Singapore from time to time. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with the PDPA. Third parties, with the exception of Government bodies and other public agencies, are subject to data protection obligations and may only use your personal data to perform the necessary functions.
We do not sell or trade your personal data to external parties. But we may disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT / RETENTION OF DATA
If you would like to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, please write to us. Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may review and update your personal data by signing into your user account and selecting “Account > Profile”.
We take reasonable precautions to protect against unauthorised access, alteration and disclosure of your personal data. However, no system or method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, can be 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our website. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact us.
8 Apr 19