You agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, and you will not divulge, share access or access information for your user account with any third party for any reason. You may not transfer your account to someone else or use someone else’s account without their permission.
COURSE ENROLMENT AND ACCESS
When you enroll in a course on the SWP, whether it is a free or paid course, the course is licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to share or resell the course in any manner. Specifically, SWI grants you (as a user) a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferrable and revocable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non-commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular course or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not copy, reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any course content unless prior explicit written agreement from a SWI authorized representative has been provided. You are solely responsible for obtaining such agreement before dealing with any content that is available on SWI.
Certain reference documents, articles and other information used on SWI are used with the permission of third parties, and use of that information is subject to certain rules and conditions, which will be posted along with the information. By using SWI, you agree to abide by all such rules and conditions.
The Services enable you to share your content, such as assignments, exams, and the like (“User Content”) with SWI, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share.
By submitting your User Content, you hereby grant SWI a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, worldwide right and license to host, transfer, display, reproduce, modify, distribute, and otherwise use, make available, and exploit your User Content, in whole or in part, in any form and in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights SWI may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions regarding the Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you.
RULES FOR ONLINE CONDUCT
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of SWI. You may not access or use the Services or create an account for unlawful purposes. You agree that you will use the SWI and its Services in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local and international laws, rules and regulations, including copyright laws.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using SWI’s site, SWP and Services:
- Damage, disable, overburden, or impair any SWI server or the network(s) connected to any SWI server or to interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of SWI.
- Gain unauthorized access to SWI, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the SWI server through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information stored on SWI, its servers or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the SWI site.
- Share your password or let anyone else access or compromise your account as a registered user.
- Scape, or download in bulk, any SWI content, including but not limited to a directory of users on the system, user information, User Content, course materials and resources, or trademarks and logos.
- Misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using SWI.
- Disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
- Copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the SWI’s site, portal or Services.
- Access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API (and only pursuant to those API terms and conditions). You may not scrape, spider, use a robot, or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
- Use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, such as sending email communications falsely appearing as SWI.
- Interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Service.
- Use or upload, in any way, any software or materials that contains, or which you have reason to suspect that contains, viruses, damaging components, malicious code or harmful component which may impair or corrupt SWI’s data or damage or interfere with the operation of another user’s computer or SWI.
- Post, promote or transmit through SWI any information, graphics, photographs, data/or any other material that infringes third-party intellectual property or any other proprietary rights; is defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, indecent, stolen or otherwise illegal under any applicable law; and/or may be construed as offensive and/or otherwise objectionable, in our sole opinion.
All users participating in courses on SWP must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will register for only one account.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, tests, and exams will be my own work.
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, tests and exams available to anyone else. This includes both solutions written by me and any solutions provided by SWI or its instructors.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
SWI offers certain Services for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees quoted are in Singapore Dollars. When you make a purchase, you are responsible for paying all fees in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. If your payment method fails, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which we have not received adequate payments. SWI reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant Services.
Coupon codes and other course entitlements, if issued, are subject to expiration and any other conditions stated at the time of issuance.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties, including third party payment system providers. SWI cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. SWI disclaims any and all responsibility or liability related to your access or use of such third party website and content.
SWI cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
SWI is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to the content on SWI, and in the material published on it, unless otherwise stated.
The “SWI” name and logo are copyrights of Staff Work Institute Pte Ltd. You may not use them, or any variations thereof, for promotional purposes, or in any way that deliberately or inadvertently claims, or suggests or, in the owner’s sole judgment, gives the appearance or impression of a relationship with or endorsement by the owner, without the owner’s prior written consent.
DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITIES
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE OF OUR PERFORMANCE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING AN ACT OF WAR, HOSTILITY, OR SABOTAGE; NATURAL DISASTER; ELECTRICAL, INTERNET, OR TELECOMMUNICATION OUTAGE; OR GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SWI PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, EITHER ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, OR YOUR (OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S) USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SWI, OR YOUR RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH SWI, WHETHER YOUR CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY OR OTHER LAW.
IN PARTICULAR, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SWI PARTIES WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SWI HAS BEEN NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE AT FAULT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, ERRORS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR INTERRUPTION IN AVAILABILITY OF DATA), RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF SWI; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE APPLICABLE SWI PARTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT; OR (C) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR USER CONTENT OR INFORMATION.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWI PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, SUITS, JUDGMENTS, LITIGATION COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES, OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, ARISING FROM (A) YOUR USER CONTENT, (B) YOUR USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE SERVICES, (C) YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, OR (D) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY. YOUR INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THESE TERMS AND YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
TERMINATION RIGHTS; DISCONTINUATION OF COURSES AND CONTENT
You agree that SWI, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the SWI or your participation in it, for any reason or no reason, upon notice to you. It is SWI's policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users of the SWI who are repeat copyright infringers. SWI reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of any course offered through SWI, or to cease providing any part or all of the SWI content or related services, and you agree that SWI will not have any liability to you for such an action. If you no longer wish to participate in SWI, you may terminate your participation at any time. The rights granted to you hereunder will terminate upon any termination of your right to use SWI, but the other provisions of the Agreements will survive any such termination.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
The failure of SWI to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreements shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Agreements is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of the Agreements shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or your access to and/or use of SWI which cannot be resolved through negotiation will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them). For example, if you registered an account as an employee of a company, your account cannot be transferred to another employee. We may assign these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them) to another company or person without restriction. Nothing in these Terms confers any right, benefit, or remedy on any third-party person or entity. You agree that your account is non-transferable and that all rights to your account and other rights under these Terms terminate upon your death.
UPDATING THESE TERMS
SWI reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these Terms at any time without advance notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any modified Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
8 Apr, 2019.